Surgical Curriculum in Obstetrics and Gynecology
The CREOG Surgical Skills Task Force created this standardized surgical skills curriculum for use in training residents in obstetrics and gynecology. The five components of these modules include:
- The objective adscription and assessment of the module
- A description of the simulation
- The description of the surgical procedure
- A quiz which must be passed in order to proceed to evaluation by a faculty member and
- An evaluation form to be downloaded and printed by the learner.
Resident: Read the objectives and content for each modules. Take the quiz, and after passing the quiz, print the evaluation form. These forms can be used for evolution in the simulation lab or during an operative procedure. Have your faculty evaluator sign the sheet and give it to your program director. Be sure to fill in the name of your evaluator on the website module.
Faculty Member: Each module contains a description of the simulation needed to be set up for resident evaluation. Sign the paper form and have the resident give it to the program director.
Program director: The resident's score on each module's quiz will be scored once the resident passes the quiz. The name of the evaluator will also be scored. You may want to store the paper form in the resident file.