Practice Management: Meet Your Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV Requirements with ACOG’s SCOPE Program
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) and ACOG’s Safety Certification in Outpatient Practice Excellence (SCOPE) program have teamed up to provide a new benefit for ACOG Fellows. Fellows who participate in the SCOPE program and whose offices have achieved SCOPE certification are now eligible to receive Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC credits.
These MOC credits will be valid for the duration of the three-year SCOPE certification period. For further information, review the MOC Bulletin PDF.
Launched in 2012, SCOPE is a voluntary comprehensive patient safety review program available to medical practices in which obstetric and/or gynecologic services are provided. Since adverse events are ten times more likely in an office setting than a hospital, SCOPE assesses the implementation and use of patient safety concepts and techniques in individual office settings. Additionally, ACOG Fellows can expect to benefit from SCOPE in many ways, including:
- A reduction in medical errors
- Enhanced patient safety outcomes
- Better alignment with value-based payment
- Improved teamwork in offices
The SCOPE application specifically evaluates an office’s policies and practices related to office management, medication safety, documentation and reporting, office-based surgical procedures, and equipment. Nearly 70 offices have been SCOPE-certified nationally and many more applications are currently in progress.
Get SCOPE-certified and Satisfy MOC Part IV Requirements in Five Easy Steps:
- Complete your application for a three-year SCOPE certification
- Contact SCOPE staff for office size-based pricing quote
- Receive on-site consultation report
- Review your report that includes an analysis of current practices and suggestions for improvement
- Report your ABOG ID to SCOPE staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us if you would like to review the SCOPE application and get started on the path to SCOPE certification and MOC Part IV credit. For more information, visit the SCOPE website, email email@example.com, or call (800) 266-8043.