Membership & Fellowship: Are You Getting Your Due? Take Advantage of Hidden ACOG Member Benefits
Your ACOG membership keeps critical information flowing to your practice and provides your professional network. It also makes us stronger as we work together to enhance the ob-gyn specialty and to improve women’s health care. But, are you taking full-advantage of everything ACOG offers?
What You Know
Surely, you are familiar with many products and services that ACOG offers to aid you in your daily practice:
But, What Are You Missing?
These hidden member benefits can have a positive impact on you and your practice. Get the most out of your ACOG membership by taking advantage of the following:
- Professional Recognition: We all like to be recognized for our work. This service provides you with the most up-to-date opportunities in the specialty in the form of grants, fellowships, and awards
- Discounts on financial and insurance services: This service provides you with peace of mind and below-market prices on insurance and disability plans, featuring group plans through Pearl Insurance
- News and information services: Read what your patients are seeing in the news through Today’s Headlines, a daily round-up of national, breaking-news in women’s health care; Keep up with ACOG highlights through ACOG Rounds, our monthly member e-newsletter and ACOG News, the Government Affairs e-newsletter
- Tools to manage your career: Our free Career Connection job board has hundreds of fresh ob-gyn jobs and career resources to help you plan your next move
- Clinical Review: This bimonthly newsletter offers synopses of the latest scientific developments in ob-gyn and an annual review of the ABOG Annual Board Certification exam
- Resource Center: The in-house ACOG library is open for all members to receive reference assistance and free literature reviews on topics where you need fast, accurate information
New Benefit Starting in 2016!
Clinical Updates in Women’s Health Care will be free with membership starting in January 2016. This bimonthly, online monograph series provides members with a clinically oriented overview of 50 common women’s health conditions. Previously, it was a subscription service that members paid for—and thousands did!
These easy-to-read and portable online monographs are convenient and save time. They provide a basic science update, case vignettes, and counseling pointers by condition.
For example, let’s say you have a menopausal patient you would like to counsel on hormone therapy and alternative therapies. Before seeing her, you can pull up the monograph on Hormone Therapy and Alternative Therapies for Menopause, quickly review the latest science, an example case, a potential counseling dialog, and resources for referral, information, and support.
In January, look for the notification that a subscriber login is no longer needed for Clinical Updates in Women’s Health Care and take advantage of this valuable resource.
In the coming months, ACOG Rounds will zero in on other “hidden” member benefits, showing you the best ways to use each benefit to improve your practice.
Renew your 2016 membership here to ensure you don’t miss out on all ACOG has to offer!