Are you ready to “Take Charge of Health Care” at the 2016 ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting in Washington, DC?
Registration is way up this year—and with just a few short weeks left before the actual meeting, there is still time left to reserve your spot, but not much.
The Annual Meeting is a great time to recharge your batteries, reconnect with colleagues and friends, and rededicate yourself to providing the very best health care to women, not to mention the unparalleled education opportunity.
The 2016 event again starts on a Saturday—May 14 this year—with a full day of educational and networking opportunities, but the meeting concludes four days later on Tuesday, May 17, one day shorter than last year.
You will be able to earn up to 30 CME credits if you attend the meeting all four days, but single day registrations are available if you are short on time. Excited to focus on Menopause or Family Planning? You can even choose to attend the meeting on a specific day or days when topics of most interest to you are the focus.
As always, the breadth of the specialty will be covered every day of the meeting, with extra emphasis given to each day’s topical theme:
- Saturday – Menopause
- Sunday – Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Monday – High Risk Obstetrics
- Tuesday – Family Planning
After last year’s sweeping changes to the content and schedule, those coming to ACOG’s 64th Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting will see mostly refinements to this year’s meeting and an emphasis on sessions that will help you live this year’s theme: “Take Charge of Health Care.”
Download the Preliminary Program
What's New and Refined?
Haven’t been to the Annual Meeting since it’s been totally revamped? What are you waiting for? This is the year!
If you liked these features in the past, you’ll love them this year:
- A concentrated four-day meeting instead of a meeting spread over five days
- Many more sessions dedicated to surgery, including the popular Nezhat Live Telesurgery Forum
- Special late-breaking sessions on Zika and how best to counsel your patients
- More Flip Classroom sessions offering study materials before the meeting so the session may concentrate on interactive case discussion
- A postgraduate course pass that allows attendance at three or more of ACOG’s best three-hour postgraduate courses for one discounted price
- Hundreds of electronic posters (ePosters) available throughout the meeting with author Q&A
- Subspecialty courses delivered by 10 organizational partners to encourage exchange of best practice
- Engaging debate sessions on vexing or controversial issues such as delivery before 39 weeks, sexual dysfunction drugs, and cervical ripening
- A special mural project you won’t soon forget
- ACOG TV that will play daily throughout the venue, showcasing obstetrics and gynecology at its best
What's Hot and Classic?
Don’t forget about the “tried and true” qualities that make the Annual Meeting highly effective and well worth your time and money. Our power-packed agenda includes:
- Nearly 5,000 colleagues and friends to network with and learn from
- Over 200 exhibitors to keep you state-of-the-art
- Seven great spouse and guest tours to ensure you enjoy Washington, DC to its fullest
- The popular Film Festival on Saturday that illustrates several different types of surgical procedures
- President’s Program, featuring high-level talks on Trafficking and Misogyny and a politically incorrect view of some of the current trends in health care worldwide
- Over 100 clinical and lunch seminars to choose from on topics from breast disease and vaginal disease to depression and sexuality
- A program helpfully coded and mapped to ABOG examinations topics
- Robust special program for Junior Fellows and medical students
- Lunch with the Experts roundtable discussions
- Career Fair featuring over 25 employers and free CV reviews
- Welcome reception and ‘Mix and Mingle’ alumni receptions
There is simply no better venue than the 2016 ACOG Annual Meeting to engage or reengage with our outstanding profession. The opportunities to learn from each other are just about endless.
Unable to attend in person this year? Catch up on content you missed with the the 2016 Virtual Meeting, or make plans now to attend ACOG 2017 in San Diego, May 6-9, 2017.
The Virtual Meeting offers many talks from the meeting as videos and slides. Attendees can purchase it at a discounted rate when you register for the meeting.