With learning central to the ob-gyn profession, the 2016 ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting offers a variety of sessions designed to make the most of your time. Whether it's experts debating hot topics, or leaders from subspecialty societies covering the latest research, the 2016 Annual Meeting is devoted to ensuring you are up to date on the latest science.
But, hearing experts discuss new findings, treatment options, and more isn’t enough: ACOG wants attendees to immerse themselves in the content by becoming active participants in sessions. Plan to attend the following engaging sessions while at the meeting. We’ve picked out a few interesting courses in each category below.
Postgraduate and Hands-on Courses
These three- and six-hour courses provide ample opportunity for learners to interact with faculty and participate in discussions. Courses span gynecology, obstetrics, and practice, and offer learners the ability to earn CME credits!
- Maintenance of Knowledge in GYN Practice – PG304: Janice L. Bacon, MD; Denise M. Elser, MD; Elisabeth H. Quint, MD
- Maintenance of Knowledge in OB Practice – PG312: Paul G. Tomich, MD; Neeta L. Vora, MD; Arthur T. Evans III, MD
- Simulation Team Training for Labor and Delivery – HO302: Brigid Kathleen McCue, MD; Harriet Russell Stosur, MD; Jennifer Ann Tessmer-Tuck, MD
- Advancing Your Skills in Operative and Office Hysteroscopy – HO603: Andrew Ian Brill, MD; Amy Lynn Garcia, MD; Malcolm Gordon Munro, MD; Resad Pasic, MD
View all Postgraduate and Hands-on Courses
This new style of adult learning features interactive and comprehensive learning and retention. Registrants will receive video and supplemental materials to review prior to class. The time spent is then used to discuss the materials.
- Diagnosis and Management of Sexual Problems – FL02: Maureen Whelihan, MD
- Cervical Insufficiency and Treatment – FL09: Vincenzo Berghella, MD
View all Flip Classroom Sessions
Lunch with the Experts and Lunch Seminars
Spend your lunch hour with colleagues and experts. With almost 115 sessions to choose from, these stimulating, professional exchanges cover important topics in our field.
Lunch with the Expert Sessions
- Domestic Violence and Health – LWE06: Shashi Sharma, MD
- Evidence-Based Medicine on the Fly – LWE08: Lee A. Learman, MD, PhD
- Medical Treatment of HPV Related Diseases – LWE22: Giuseppe Del Priore, MD
- Hormone Replacement Therapy – LWE23: Diana S. Curran, MD
- Is Screening for Ovarian Cancer Really Possible – LWE34: Ahmed N. Al-Niaimi, MD
- Multispecialty Management of Sexual Problems with the PLISSIT Model – LWE114: Samuel Smith, MD
View all Lunch with the Expert Sessions
- Laparoscopic Pearls – LS02: James Fanning, DO
- Flibanserin – LS05: Adriane Fugh-Berman, MD
- Contemporary Cervical Cancer Screening and Management of Abnormal Cytology and HPV Results – LS07: Alan Garlett Waxman, MD, MPH
- Managing Infertility Without IVF – LS09: Jani R. Jensen, MD
- Vulvar Diseases: What Do You Know? – LS14: Hope K. Haefner, MD
- Cesarean Epidemic: Etiologies, Outcomes, and Potential Solutions – LS12: Aaron Caughey, MD
View all Lunch Seminar Sessions
The ACOG Annual Meeting also provides dozens of opportunities to connect with colleagues outside the classroom through the Welcome Reception, networking breaks, and a special complimentary lunch to all attendees in the Exhibit Hall on Monday afternoon.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to learn. Register and Reserve housing before April 8, 2016 for the best rates.