The Executive Desk: Resources and Learning Opportunities for Members
Hal C. Lawrence III, MD, Executive Vice President and CEO
How can I stay current with clinical practice?
How do I deal with payment issues?
What are the best ways to educate my patients?
These are all questions I hear regularly from Fellows. At ACOG, we are continually working to develop and find the best resources and learning opportunities to help members navigate the complex world of women’s health care.
In the July edition of ACOG Rounds, we are pleased to feature new or updated offerings that bring you the best resources in areas such as clinical practice, practice management, advocacy and patient education. Here are a few of my favorite recent releases:
- The Virtual Annual Meeting: Unable to attend the 2015 ACOG Annual Meeting or want to learn from sessions you missed while in San Francisco? The Virtual Meeting is a great way to catch up on all of the session recordings and core content from the Annual Meeting, with three package options available.
- Online Master Course on Vaginal Hysterectomy: We are excited to let you know about this webinar series, which was produced by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and presented in cooperation with ACOG and the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons. The multi-part, online course provides gynecologists with an opportunity to renew and refresh their skills in vaginal hysterectomy. This series is available to physicians for free: CME credit is also available.
- Payment Resources for Ob-Gyns in a Post-SGR World: What’s the best way to handle new payment options that are in effect after SGR repeal? ACOG’s Government Affairs department has developed a series of helpful resources to meet your needs.
- What You Don’t Know about Coding Could Hurt You: With ICD-10 implementation only months away, it’s more important than ever to ensure you and your teams know more than just the basics about coding in order to be truly effective and maximize reimbursement. This article provides some key pointers and includes information on ACOG's coding workshops and other resources that are available to help. Sign up now, as most workshops are sold out due to high demand.
- First Read: View a Sample Chapter of ACOG’s Pregnancy Book: Haven’t had a chance to see the revised edition of ACOG’s book, Your Pregnancy and Childbirth, Month to Month, Sixth edition? Beginning this month, members can read one chapter of the book each month for six months, exclusively in ACOG Rounds. Learn why Fellows purchase up to 250,000 copies of this book each year to provide to their obstetric patients.