Thank you for being a member of ACOG. We are grateful for your loyalty and participation as we work on your behalf to strengthen the ob-gyn specialty and continue to improve women’s health care.
Please take a few minutes to renew your membership online at www.acog.org/Renew. As you renew, take a moment to review and update your member profile at www.acog.org/MemberProfile. This will help us to better serve your needs.
Your membership has enabled us to do so much this year.
We invite you to look back at some of ACOG’s top accomplishments of 2015:
Critical Practice Guidance: We issued our first-ever consensus document establishing levels of care for prenatal and postnatal women in collaboration with the Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine. We also developed dozens of new and revised Committee Opinions and Practice Bulletins on topics such as cfDNA, HPV, pregnancy in women with genetic conditions, and early pregnancy loss.
Helpful Summaries for Practice Documents: ACOG members and Green Journal subscribers now have helpful 1-2 page summaries for most of ACOG’s practice documents—available in the print and online editions of the Green Journal.
Ob-gyn-Specific ICD-10 Preparation and Support: Through coding workshops and other resources, ACOG helped members prepare for the transition to ICD-10. Additionally, we now offer a fresh way to answer your coding questions: acog.org/freshdesk.com (free of charge, limits apply).
Professional Liability Survey: ACOG’s 2015 Survey on Professional Liability summarizes liability issues for ob-gyns, which ACOG uses in educational and advocacy efforts to manage and address the current negative liability environment.
More Science in ACOG’s Annual Meeting: Based on your feedback, our 63rd Annual Meeting in San Francisco featured enhanced scientific programming, providing over 400 pieces of original research and sessions and debates on hot topics, such as universal cervical length screening and birthing centers versus hospital births.
SGR Reform & Grass-Roots Advocacy Efforts: ACOG was instrumental in the passing of SGR repeal in April and has assembled resources to help you understand and successfully navigate the new payment options. We also launched All-in for Advocacy, a multi-year national leadership building program, to help you develop your leadership advocacy skills with state and federal lawmakers.
Member Benefits at a Glance—Something for Everyone
Take a moment to review all of ACOG's outstanding member benefits, including:
- Practice guidance documents provide analysis and guidance on emerging women’s health issues
- The Green Journal, ACOG’s scholarly journal: Obstetrics and Gynecology, provides breaking research monthly
- Continuing professional development programs including discounts on ABOG Maintenance of Certification parts II and IV
- Members-only savings on the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, which showcases the best of ob-gyn ground-breaking science
- Patient education materials to keep your patients well-informed and a full partner in their care
- Practice Management and Coding Resources to keep your practice strong
- Advocacy efforts to defend the patient-physician relationship, protect access to quality care, and prevent legislative interference or other intrusion into each patient’s medical care
- Professional recognition in the form of grants, fellowships, and awards
- Financial and insurance services, featuring group plans through Pearl Insurance
- News and Information: Notification and awareness materials include the popular Today’s Headlines, a daily round up of national, breaking women’s health care news; ACOG Rounds, our monthly member e-newsletter; and ACOG News, the Government Affairs e-newsletter
- Career & Job Support: Free Career Connection job board with hundreds of fresh ob-gyn jobs and career resources to help you plan your next move
Looking Forward to 2016
We’re excited to share some of our plans for 2016:
- What’s Important to You? ACOG Member Survey: We will conduct a comprehensive member survey in the first quarter to learn more about what you need as an ob-gyn and what you value from ACOG. We look forward to hearing from you.
- ACOG’s Congressional Leadership Conference (CLC): aka The President’s Conference or Ob-gyn Lobbying Boot Camp: Ob-gyns like you receive two days of legislative training and join together to lobby their members of Congress on key legislative women’s health. The CLC has been cited as “one of the top conferences I’ve ever attended” by attendees. March 6-8, Washington, D.C.
- ACOG’s Annual Meeting: Our 2016 theme is Take Charge of Health Care, as we focus on practice-affirming and practice-changing science. Join us May 14-17, 2016, in Washington, DC.
Your membership dues support all of these activities and show your support for our vitally important specialty. Please don’t delay—renew your ACOG membership today.