Events & Meetings: The 2015 Annual Meeting: Something for Every Ob-Gyn
The 2015 Annual Meeting: Something for Every Ob-Gyn
The New Year is a time for change! ACOG’s 2015 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, May 2–6, exemplifies change on all levels:
- A new annual meeting start date: Saturday, May 2
- A new theme: “Teaming Up for Women’s Health”
- More collaboration with other societies
- More educational sessions about surgery
The new meeting organization makes it easy to plan your attendance to maximize your specific interests.
Subspecialty Sessions for the Practicing Ob-Gyn
ACOG is collaborating with 10 subspecialty societies. Each will present a three-hour session at the Annual Meeting. Be sure to attend those that interest you most!
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine (SMFM): Saturday, May 2, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (SGS): Sunday, May 3, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO): Sunday, May 3, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Society of Family Planning (SFP): Monday, May 4, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Society of Ob-Gyn Hospitalists (SOGH): Monday, May 4, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL): Monday, May 4, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Society for Academic Generalists in Obstetrics and Gynecology (SASGOG): Monday, May 4, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM): Tuesday, May 5, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (NASPAG): Tuesday, May 5, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS): Tuesday, May 5, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
“Junior Fellow Monday,” May 4, will feature:
- ABOG information for taking the exams: 8:15 am to 12:15 pm
- Subspecialty roundtables: 12:45 pm to 1:15 pm
- Dr. Scott and the Honorable Dr. Nan Hayworth Junior Fellow Course: 1:45 pm to 5:15 pm
- Medical Student/Junior Fellow/Young Physician Reception: 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Events for medical students will take place on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. The “Step Up to Residency” CREOG/APGO Program will be held on Monday.
First, Second, and Third Years
- John M. Gibbons Jr., MD, Medical Student Lecture: Sunday, May 3, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Hands-On Skills Workshop: Monday, May 4, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Roundtable discussion, “Finding the Right Shoe and CV Personal Statement”: Monday, May 4, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Fourth Years: “Step Up to Residency”
- Course and Didactics: Monday, May 4, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Hands-On Skills Lab: Monday, May 4, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
All Medical Students
- Medical Student Reception: Monday, May 4, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Medical Student Residency Fair: Tuesday, May 5, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
This year’s annual meeting truly offers something for everyone, including something you may have heard doesn’t exist: a free lunch. On Monday, May 4, come to the Exhibit Hall luncheon (12:30 pm to 1:45 pm). Stop in for free lunch and check out the exhibit opening!
All sessions above are free with meeting registration. Please visit acog.org/annualmeeting to register today. Stay tuned for more information about the Annual Meeting in the February issue of ACOG Rounds.