Membership & Fellowship: So Much to Look Forward to in 2017 and Beyond When You Renew
Thank you for being a valued member of ACOG in 2016. Your loyalty and participation as we work to strengthen the ob-gyn profession has allowed us to do much this year. As you prepare to renew your membership for 2017, we wanted to give you a sneak peek of what’s in store.
ACOG 2020: Delivering the Future
In addition to keeping critical information flowing to your practice through clinical guidance, notification of health care news, education, practice management, and advocacy programs, ACOG is embarking on a three-year plan comprised of several strategic initiatives. Our goal is to provide you with a more compelling member experience, improved tools, and better resources.
Called ACOG 2020, these initiatives are based on your needs as identified in the 2016 ACOG Member Survey and include:
- Improved Clinical Practice Content: Improve the timeliness, usability, accessibility, breadth and relevance of our clinical content
- New Support for Advanced Payment Models and Evidence-based Quality Care: Leverage health information technology to address key challenges in collecting and analyzing practice data and improve practice efficiency
- Enhanced Digital Experience: Replace our web and mobile platforms with leading technology that will greatly improve your experience, including content that is organized by topic and can be more easily found via search
- New Physician Wellness Programs: Provide programs and tools to address overall physician wellness and job satisfaction
Your dues will support these new investments, as well as other initiatives in member communications, advocacy/government affairs, and education/professional learning. For more information about ACOG 2020, visit acog.org/ACOG2020.
What Your Support Enabled ACOG to Accomplish in 2016
Your membership dues sustain all of these activities and more:
- Clinical Guidance: Keeps you up to date you with about 100 new or revised clinical guidance and patient education documents
- Zika: Provides updates on the latest response to the crisis, best clinical guidance, and efforts to obtain emergency funding
- MACRA: Advocates for SGR repeal and implementation and training on MACRA
- Women’s Health Programs: Leads the fight to reduce maternal morbidity and mortality through the Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM) and to establish sound women’s wellness guidelines through the Women’s Preventive Services Initiative (WPSI)
- ICD-10 Transition Support: Prepares you with free webinars and a free service to ask your coding question
- ACOG App Updates: Empowers you with more digital interactive tools and content 24/7 by adding a new due date calculator and all Practice Bulletins. Download the ACOG app.
Don’t Miss Out on Everything ACOG Has to Offer
Renew your 2017 membership online now at acog.org/renew. Also, fill in your ACOG member profile completely to help ACOG serve you better.