Events & Meetings: A Really New Annual Meeting
The 2015 ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, May 2-6, in San Francisco, has a new name and a new organizational schedule. The biggest change? It starts on Saturday!
The new five-day schedule allows us to feature topics that cover the breadth of obstetrics and gynecology in a new way. Each day features a concentration of presentations on a single theme:
- Saturday: Obstetric emergencies
- Sunday: Operative gynecology
- Monday: Contraception
- Tuesday: Menopause
- Wednesday: Patient safety and office practice
The President’s Program will open the Annual Meeting on Saturday morning. (Come early—there will be coffee!) Following the President’s Program will be Q&A time to meet the presenters and a special session by ABOG leadership on maintenance of certification. The welcome reception will be held on Saturday evening. (Stay tuned for more information about the not-to-be-missed venue.)
More Annual Meeting news:
- There will be six “Flip Classroom” clinical seminars—this is the newest way to educate physicians. Here’s how it works: Registrants receive videos and course materials to review prior to the meeting. The in-person session is then more comprehensive and memorable. It’s a learning strategy that is self-paced and mastery-based, which boosts engagement. Try one!
- Postgraduate and hands-on courses, either three or six hours long, will be offered every day. Some six-hour courses on Saturday and Tuesday will be held at a new time, from 11:00 am to 5:30 pm, so attendees can participate in other sessions or enjoy the city in the morning.
- ACOG will also unveil the inaugural Sterling B. Williams, MD, PhD, Memorial Lecture Series on Menopause and Hormone Therapy.
- Cutting Edge Topics in Ob-Gyn will feature a panel of speakers from subspecialty societies to bring you up to date on the hot topics and current trends that have the most impact on the practicing ob-gyn.
- Oral presentations will be delivered each morning, and e-posters will be available for viewing throughout the meeting.
- The Virtual Meeting is a great way to capture all the information from the Annual Meeting if you are unable to attend all the lectures you want to hear. It provides attendees with open access to all meeting materials after the Annual Meeting, including postgraduate courses, clinical seminars, lunch seminars, surgical tutorials, subspecialty sessions, and colloquia lectures. Downloadable presentations will be synced to the audio from the meeting session. You can sign up for the Virtual Meeting for an additional $199 when you register online.
With so many new and exciting changes, start planning today! Learn more at the Annual Meeting section of ACOG.org. Download the preliminary program. Stay in the know by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter. Most important? Register!