Clinical Practice: Optimize Support for Breastfeeding with ACOG’s Newest Provider Toolkit
ACOG continues to support women who choose to breastfeed by providing accurate information and tools for physicians and patients. ACOG’s first breastfeeding toolkit includes new resources to encourage women to achieve their infant feeding goals and support them every step of the way.
Download the toolkit to access new and improved materials on breastfeeding, including:
- New physician conversation guide to initiate discussions about breastfeeding with patients
- New list of commonly used codes for breastfeeding
- New tearpad for patients, which answers frequently asked questions about breastfeeding
- New infographic poster to spur conversations with patients
- Recently published Committee Opinion 658, with updated breastfeeding guidance and educational and policy recommendations
- Updated patient education pamphlet
To view and download, visit our breastfeeding toolkit page.
ACOG also offers additional resources to benefit you and your patients:
- All of ACOG’s breastfeeding clinical guidelines and patient education materials
- Resources for understanding Affordable Care Act breastfeeding coverage and regulations
- Archived webinars on a variety of breastfeeding topics
- Information on ACOG’s Breastfeeding Expert Work Group
- Other organizations who help support breastfeeding women
To take advantage of these materials, visit ACOG’s breastfeeding page at www.acog.org/Breastfeeding.